Sunday, September 4, 2011

Land of Confusion



As an avid NPR listener I am rapidly approaching political overload.  Add to that the television programs I watch on a relatively regular basis:  The Daily Show, The Rachel Maddow Show and occasionally The Last Word and The Ed Show.  Not only are the candidates making quite a few statements that I find disturbing, in the very least, and outrageous, at their worst, but they keep changing their position or are making statements that I find have no logical explanations.  

 

One of the things I like best about The Daily Show are the dueling clips for various politicians.  Current clips are shown followed by the politician stating an opposite position months prior.  It certainly makes me wonder – do they actually believe in anything they are saying?  Apparently I’m in the minority in thinking this since most of them score relatively high in all of the polls taken.  Maddow, O’Donnell and Schultz have started doing similar segments as well.  



I can’t help wondering why people support these folks who one day like trees and a month later say trees are limiting our oxygen supply and should all be cut down.  (I just made that one up – but, hopefully, you get my point). 



There are quite a few issues where this is happening.  Bloggers and the aforementioned media sources can do a better job of pointing out these seeming discrepancies or outrageous positions much better than I.  However, since this is my blog and my opinion, I shall proceed anyway.  Since the list continues to grow, I plan to tackle each issue as a separate blog post.  And, I might even throw in a gratuitous cat post here and there, just to keep this from becoming too serious and mind-numbing.

So here’s the list so far:

·         DISASTER RELIEF
·         SMALLER GOVERNMENT
·         FEWER REGULATIONS
·         NO TO SHARIA LAW
·         SOCIAL SECURITY/MEDICARE/MEDICAID
·         JOBS

More later………….the litter boxes are calling.



4 comments:

  1. Well, you know where I stand on this one. I've actually had to curtail my political exposure because it was making me completely psychotic. (OK... I'm sure one could argue that I was already crazy, but you know what I mean.) I think the bottom line is that we've just got too much corporate money and influence in our country, and in the political process specifically.

    On some level it just makes me too mad to think about it very often. Sigh. I think I'll go for a bike ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me laugh. Are you sure we weren't separated at birth? Nah, I don't ride bikes anymore. I'd need a tractor seat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... separated at birth... I KNEW my mother was keeping SOMETHING from me!

    Anyhow, CatMan sent me this link to a very insightful, if somewhat depressing, article. It's written by a former GOP aide who basically verifies everything we've been saying. It's a bit long, but you might "enjoy" reading it (hard to really "enjoy" reading something that sort of makes you want to run screaming from this country, but you know what I mean.)

    http://www.truth-out.org/goodbye-all-reflections-gop-operative-who-left-cult/1314907779

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw it & shared on Facebook. I didn't get all the way through it & meant to go back. Got sidetracked. It's an excellent piece from someone on the inside & not us typical Liberals.

    ReplyDelete