Although I’m not a fan of Thanksgiving (see last year’s post), I think that our world would be a better place if we more frequently focused on that for which we are thankful instead of nearly constantly complaining about the irksome, hateful and horrid things in our lives. Granted when there are things in our life that are bad, we should do our best to change them. The occasional grief and/or sadness in our life cannot always be “fixed”. Only time and new priorities can help lessen the grief and sadness.
So to avoid another day of complaints on my part, here’s a list of those things for which I am thankful.
- I am so very grateful that I am a woman.
- No turkey has been killed for my taste buds in over 23 years.
- I have today and tomorrow off…….with pay.
- My cats and dog.
- A relatively pain free day, even though I’ve taken 2 prescription pain pills and 2 over the counter pain pills since 4 AM.
- I have 4 clean litter boxes, with just 5 more to go.
- I have decided not to cook today and, instead, doing that on Saturday.
- I am thankful to have shared my life with numerous cats and dogs over the years. I still miss those who have died, most especially the greatest cat ever born, my one and only soulmate, Casey Anansi. The love and understanding I received from Casey forever changed my life for the better. RIP my darling – gone, but never forgotten. He has been gone since January 10, 1990.
- Each day brings me closer to retirement. I just hope I can hang on for another 2 years and 3 months.
- My diabetes is under control.
- I am able to take care of myself.
- Although I broke a nail, I didn’t fall today when Tessa came running across the living room and nearly knocked me down.
- Joss Whedon and all of his work, especially Buffy the Vampire Slayer, followed closely by Firefly.
- Aaron Sorkin and especially The West Wing.
I’m going to leave it there. I don’t want to push my luck. So, what are you thankful for today?