Sunday, January 16, 2011

Facebook!

I've become hopelessly addicted to Facebook.  I end up spending more hours on the computer than anything else that I do.  It's not like I don't have anything else to do.  The list, should I write it, would probably take at least 2 days to complete.  And that's without doing anything on the list.

I tried to avoid Facebook starting on Friday.  FAIL!  I did, though, spend less time than I normally do and shared fewer posts from friends.  Yesterday I don't think I spent more than an hour on it and have avoided it all day today.

I simply need to get off my butt, turn off the TV, shut off the computer and get busy.  I epitomize that law of physics:  an object at rest, stays at rest.  I need to get in motion - unfortunately, I don't seem to have the energy to sustain motion for very long.  Too old, too broken down (this old body is simply falling apart) and unable to sustain the motivation to JUST DO IT!  Would a pair of Nike's make it happen?  Doubt it. 

Gratuitous cat photo:  my beautiful, but overweight Chow-Li
I'm off to feed the cats and dogs, wash some dishes, wash my hair and get ready to meet a friend for dinner.  Then later tonight, the Golden Globes  hosted by Ricky Gervais.  He is amazingly funny.  I don't really care who wins (hopefully not Glee or the Temple Grandin biopic) - I just want to see what all the female stars are wearing and watch Ricky be irreverent and make me laugh out loud.

7 comments:

  1. I don't have a Facebook account for this very reason, much to some friends annoyance.

    I can so relate to your inertia! I have a ton of things I want/need to do around the house, and the older I get the less energy I have to get on with them. I'd rather sit on my couch with a cat on my lap, knit and watch mindless TV. A day when I wash my dishes counts as a win. (Feeding the animals is non-negotiable LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know how you found me, but thanks for stopping by! Laps were invented by cats, for cats. Love your kitty pix, especially the one with one kitty hatching the other. Good luck with those resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a facebook account but spent way too much time on it, and so I cancelled it. I have several people I know who are seriously addicted and seem to never leave their chairs waiting for responses. I would probably be addicted if I got another account so I have to not. I hope you can kick the Facebook addiction. What about a kitchen timer? Give yourself a set amount of time, then get off when the timer rings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, thanks for looking up all that energy stuff. I talked to my brother who might look into energy tax breaks for putting in new windows, energy efficient ones. These current ones, and I love the fact the house has tons of windows, have leaks and holes in the aluminum tracks besides being thin. He's also having someone come replace the thermostat, which is broken now, can't adjust temp up or down with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news. I had feared that he had abandoned you! Saw something about furnace replacement too. Might be worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first got on Facebook, I decided not to let it get out of hand. FAIL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Blueberry, I do feel much better now. Good to know it's not just me.

    ReplyDelete