Sunday, February 16, 2014

Just a Short Hello

Quick update:

Physical therapy will be over this week.  Hey, only 7 months in recovery.

Lost another cat:  Culpepper.  He's been sick for nearly a year.  He was feral from kittenhood, so wasn't a candidate to go to the vet.  I'm pretty certain it was renal failure, which is difficult to deal with for a tame cat.  There's no way I could medicate him or give him fluids.

Four new cats:  My 92 year old neighbor passed away a week ago Tuesday.  Three of us split up her cats between us.  Laurel took 2, Barb took 3 & I took 3.  Unfortunately some c**k-sucking SOB dumped a kitty in a carrier on the neighbor's lawn the night of her funeral.  She left the carrier door open and left chicken bones inside for her to eat!!!  A bludgeoning death for this asshole would be too good for her.  I've named this sweet kitty Chelsea.  She's adjusting in my teeny tiny bathroom.  She loves to be held.

Finally, I haven't been in the mood to write anything.  The main reason?  I've been sucked into the Tom Hiddleston Vortex.  Can we say obsession?  That's where I am.  If you haven't any idea just who Hiddleston is, just Google him.  He is, without a doubt, the most popular topic on the internet.  Or here's a link to a good jumping off spot: Hiddleston-daily  I even joined Tumblr & Twitter (jossisgod is my screen name) so I could more easily follow the latest photos, gifs, videos, etc.  Yes, I am a nearly 64 year old fangirl.  Short list of his films:

War Horse
The Deep Blue Sea
Thor
Thor - The Dark World
The Avengers (my fave)
The Hollow Crown (PBS- Shakespeare's Henry IV, Parts 1 and 2 plus Henry V)

I also went to see the National Theater Live worldwide live broadcast of his play, Coriolanus, on January 30th.  Unf***ingbelievable!!!!!!!  It's one of Shakespeare's last histories.  The play was at the Donmar Warehouse in London and ran for about 3 months.  Mark Gatiss, of PBS' Sherlock fame. was in the play as well.  There are rebroadcasts around the country.  Check it out, if you're interested, by going to NTLive at here.






and an obligatory Loki, the god of mischief, from Thor, The Avengers and Thor - The Dark World:



His next film is Only Lovers Left Alive, where he plays a 500 year old vampire.  What's not to love?  The film premiers in the US in early April, probably to a limited run since it's an indie film by Jim Jarmusch.  His co-star is Tilda Swinton, playing his 500 year old vampire love interest.






7 comments:

  1. Oy! I'm so glad you're feeling better - at least I hope that the end of physical therapy means that you're feeling better! And I'm also sooo sorry about Culpepper. I can't imagine how hard that would be to have one who wouldn't let anyone get close enough to help him.

    I continue to think that you're one of the strongest, bravest people I've ever "met". I just can't imagine how you have the emotional strength to take on so many babies. My heart nearly broke in two when Sputty died a few weeks ago, and throughout his illness part of me just kept thinking that I would NEVER get another pet, and that I'd just be grateful if I lived through losing the ones I have now.

    That feeling has mellowed a bit now that I'm finally out of sick kitty land for a while, but I honestly don't know how you handle it. With so many to care for, I'm sure there's always at least one who's in need of medical attention - I just don't know how I'd ever be able to sleep through the night - I'd just be constantly sick with worry. Perhaps one has to learn to cultivate a bit of "letting go" - something I totally suck at. Or maybe the Tom Hiddleston Vortex helps with this sort of thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First - the Tom Hiddleston Vortex helps with EVERYTHING!

    Feeling much better, at least the shoulder does. Not 100% but I doubt I ever was.

    I don't think I'm strong at all. Is there another option in dealing with loss other than dealing with it? Actually having so many makes it hurt less because, for me at least, the more there are the less chance I'll get as attached to them as I did with Casey, Chester and Chase. I guess I've also accepted, after all those I've lost, that losing them is inevitable.

    I couldn't bring myself to comment on Sputty's post. I couldn't do a damn thing to ease your pain, which I knew was monumental. Although each cat is special in his/her own way, sometimes we get lucky and there is one who really connects with us. Those are the ones that shred our hearts when they leave us, alone and bereft. The pain can be nearly unbearable and only time helps pull us through it. Sputty was one of "those" cats for you. My light out of that tunnel is that had we not done the right thing and brought that cat into our lives and hearts their fate would have much worse for them. And there wouldn't have been anyone to grieve for them or miss them. They don't ask much of us and give us so much in return. So the best testament we can give for their lives is our grief and our continued love and memories of them.

    BTW, little Chelsea, the dumped kitty is a love bug. It's beginning to look like she may well end up being one of "those" cats, despite my trying to harden my heart. She'd rather be held than stand on her own feet. She likes being kissed. I can't, however, get her to purr for me. I've never had a cat who didn't purr.

    Much love to you and Sputty. Know my thoughts & heart are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to watch Thor, I guess. I'm glad to hear the PT is over, at least. I've still got the butt injury, from the trapping in late November, sacro illiac thing, terrible at night especially, sitting, too, no real escape and it just doesn't mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, I feel your pain. My right hip & thigh have been waking me up at night as well as making life difficult for over a week. It's probably my sciatic nerve acting up again. I have to visit the chiropractor and keep putting it off. Maybe a miracle & it will go away - NOT!

      Yes, you must watch Thor, which is where it all begins. Ahhhhh, Loki! Here's a link to a great interview he did in 2013 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLX-tdqEjUg I am a sucker for British accents as well. He has a sweet, but small part, in War Horse. It's a tear jerker, but has a happy ending - the horse (not Tom) makes it through the war. I wouldn't watch it until I'd found out if Joey (the horse) makes it home. Good movie & the horse should have won the best actor award. He was glorious!

      Feel better & take it easy - as if that's likely to happen.

      Delete
  4. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete